Imagine entertaining your guests in the quiet solitude of this custom estate home with its alluring entrance and million-dollar backyard. As they drive down the exclusive cul-de-sac they immediately notice the reflecting pool with infinity waterfall. Greeted at the solid copper double front door they are welcomed into the grand foyer where they are awe-struck by the soaring ceilings, marble tile floors, and an impressive custom-designed chandelier suspended from the two-story ceiling. You lead them to the enchanting backyard where you barbecue dinner at the outdoor kitchen, which is set on a stunning slate tile patio trimmed with LED glass blocks that light up. Together you enjoy dinner at the adjacent dining table with water flowing through the center as the hill behind you is illuminated from the custom designed water/fire feature The evening winds down roasting marshmallows at the outdoor fire pit or sipping brandy while cozying up to one of the several indoor fireplaces.
This magnificent 5,479+/- SF custom smart home is one of four estates on an exclusive cul-de-sac adjacent to the Greystone Quarry in the Almaden Valley area of San Jose. Five bedrooms, 4.5 baths built in the year 2000. Breathtaking views of large rock formations and Mount Umunhum. Total privacy and tranquility yet just minutes to commute routes. The 2.16 acre private property is a gallery of outdoor amenities that include custom works of metal art, dramatic fountains and dramatic fire/water feature. Remarkable setting!
- A reflecting pool and infinity waterfall create an impressive front entrance leading up to a custom-designed solid copper double front door. The reflecting pool was patterned after the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool in Washington, D.C. Fiber optics combined with smart technology create a fabulous lighting system. With just a flip of a switch, the pool and waterfall light up.
- The entire home is controlled by a computer customized to your personal preferences. This Smart House is fully wired for Crestron and Alexa compatibility. Wiring was installed and completely integrated as part of the original construction and includes controls for alarm, lights, security cameras, music, landscape, TV, front doorbell, and climate. Every light fixture is “home run wiring” to the garage and can be operated from the control panels throughout the house. While hosting a large party, a flick of a switch can turn on a variety of mood light settings and relax to music streamed to various locations. When tucking the kids in at night, dim the lights and play a soothing lullaby. Customize or keep it simple and use the existing, finely tuned configuration.
- A custom-designed chandelier suspends from the two-story ceiling in the grand foyer where the staircase elegantly sweeps to the upstairs’ open landing. Elegant marble tile flooring and soaring ceilings complete the exquisite entry.
- The living room focal point is a stunning fireplace with custom mantle, marble tile, crown molding, recessed lights, and a large custom window with fabulous views.
- The formal dining room has marble flooring, crown molding, recessed lights, and a unique light fixture. A large window provides natural light. Great for entertaining.
- Adjacent is the butler pantry and a wine room with a capacity of about 350 bottles. The hallway has a long built-in cabinet equipped with a warming drawer and a granite counter.
- Expansive Great room includes:
- Gourmet kitchen with granite slab counters and backsplash, cherry wood cabinetry, recessed lights, and windows with great views to the backyard. Large center island has granite slab counters and a vegetable sink. Stainless appliances include refrigerator, dual ovens, microwave, Thermador 4-burner gas cooktop with ceramic briquettes and dual dishwashers. Also included are a hot water dispenser and water chiller.
- Dine-in alcove with windows facing the backyard quarry view. Natural light with Hunter Douglas Luminette privacy
- Spacious family room with fireplace flanked by built-in shelves and cabinets, recessed lights, two skylights, and a large slider door with custom Luminette that provides access to the spacious backyard sanctuary.
- Double French doors open to the library with stunning cherry wood shelves, carpet, cozy fireplace with custom mantle, crown molding, recessed lights plus Roman shades. This room could also be used as a study, home sanctuary, or playroom. Nearby powder room with a pedestal sink.
- Large guest suite on the lower level has windows with Roman shades and French doors that open to a private patio. Gorgeous en suite bathroom with custom tile, wainscoting, and a pedestal sink. Combine the library and guest room to create a two-room suite ideal for in-law quarters.
- Climb the magnificent staircase illuminated by custom sconces to the second story. From the landing area, you have a view of Mt Umunhum out one window and the majestic rock formation out the other. The landing overlooks the foyer on one side and the family room on the other.
- Double doors open to a fabulous master bedroom retreat with tray ceiling, crown molding, recessed lights, and built-in speakers. His-n-Hers walk-in closets with custom cabinets. Windows have fabulous views and blackout blinds for privacy. This sophisticated bedroom features a double-sided fireplace built in the wall of the bathroom. En-suite in marble has dual vanities, a Jacuzzi tub with surround sound, large separate shower stall plus a water closet.
- Two bedrooms have carpet, tray ceilings with recessed lights, walk-in closets, speakers, and windows for natural light. One of the rooms includes a bathroom with a shower over tub.
- Office/media room has custom cabinets and windows with Hunter Douglas Luminette privacy sheers. Can be used as another bedroom.
- Guest bath has dual sinks, tile counter, tile flooring and a shower over tub.
- Laundry room has built-in overhead cabinets and a sink, plus room for a full-size washer and dryer.
- Amenities include a tankless water heater with a recirculating pump for maximum energy efficiency. Your gas bill can be as low as $11/month! Two furnaces, two central air conditioning units with four zones, Posey dual pane windows, Rachio tube irrigation and sprinkler system, drains throughout, Napco Gemini security alarm system, central vac, plus water chillers upstairs and downstairs. The home has four fireplaces!
- Mudroom/pantry with custom cabinets.
- Three-car garage with custom built-in cabinets, a Tesla charger, and a beautiful wide paver driveway.
- Great room opens in a seamless flow to the expansive outdoor patios and custom-designed water and fire features.
- The Almaden Greystone Quarry provides a spectacular backdrop for this amazing home. Acid stained concrete winds throughout the backyard. A custom-designed outdoor kitchen is complete with a barbecue, refrigerator, ice maker, sink, and burners, which is set on a stunning slate tile patio. The adjacent outdoor dining table has a built-in water feature. Towering tablet fountains reflect flames from the fire troughs. A pair of towering metal sculptures with water features created by Campbell artist add to the impressive backyard. Adjacent to the driveway is a one of a kind kinetic sculpture created by a Southern California artist.
- The backyard space also offers a meditation garden and plenty of room to customize further with a pool, spa, and cabana.
- Hidden behind a natural setting of rocks and bushes is a secluded built-in fire pit. Enjoy in solitude and let your mind relax as the flames create their hypnotic effect; or enjoy with friends where everyone is captivated by the ambiance. It definitely enhances outdoor living!
- Top Almaden Valley Schools: Graystone Elementary School, Bret Harte Middle School and Leland High School.