888 Monkeys Summer Arts Program offers professional instruction in circus arts, drama, music, and visual art.
Experienced educators team up with drama, art, circus, and movement professionals to offer kids ages 8-16 an opportunity to create and perform their own show on the last day of the program. No prior experience necessary.
The first week of the full-day program is spent on skill development. The second week participants choose their specialties and tackle specific show business jobs, such as painting flats, memorizing dialogue, creating circus acts, learning dance choreography, and promoting the show.
For kids 5–8 years of age, a half-day program, with week-long sessions, introduces younger children to performing and visual arts through games and experiential learning activities.
888 Monkeys Summer Arts Program is an educational project of Fool Time Circus, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting, performing, and teaching circus arts in order to build confidence, expand life choices, and inspire artistry in young people.
Full Day and Half Day programs are at Bret Harte Middle School in Almaden Valley.
Full Day Program (Ages 8-16):
- July 5–15, 2011, 9am–3pm. Price is $458 for the two-week session.
- July 18–29, 2011, 9am–3pm. Price is $498 for the two-week session.
Half Day Program (Ages 5–8):
- July 5–8, 2011, 9am–12pm. Price is $149 for the week.
- July 11–15, 2011, 9am–12pm. Price is $149 for the week.
- July 18–22, 2011, 9am–12pm. Price is $149 for the week.
- July 25–29, 2011, 9am–12pm. Price is $149 for the week.
After Care is available for children who participate in the Half Day Program. Multi-week pre-registration discounts are available. See the online registration page for details.