Here are a couple more Almaden Valley winter holiday events to enjoy in the days ahead…
Celtic Rose: Rare Holiday Gems – An Afternoon of Celtic Holiday Music
The holidays are well and truly upon us. And what better way to enjoy a cold December afternoon in Almaden than with some ‘Rare Holiday Gems’? Celtic Rose: Rare Holiday Gems is a performance of holiday songs played to the accompaniment of the lute, the recorder, drums and the guitar.
Celtic music is the music of the people settled in the Celtic regions of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Cornwall, among others. The music has a lyrical quality to it and uses a variety of traditional instruments. Performed by Doris Williams and Caroline Garbarino, “Rare Holiday Gems” will take place at the Almaden Library on Saturday, December 17 at 3.00 pm. For more information, visit: [EVENT IS CLOSED]
Leland Drama Presents: Comic Shorts
The holidays would certainly be incomplete without a healthy shot of laughter! Head to the Leland High School Cafeteria this week for a hearty laugh with Comic Shorts. This winter production by the Leland High Drama Club is a montage of short comedy scenes, including:
- Bobby’s Brain (by Bruce Kane), directed by Braeden Thomson: When Bobby meets the girl of his dreams, things go haywire in his brain and uproarious situations arise.
- Who’s on First, directed by Quentin Thorne: This hilarious scene, inspired by Abbott and Costello’s famous series, will surely leave you in splits.
- A Very Memorable Family Reunion, directed by Aidan Bates: A boy meets his fiancé’s family but has a shock in store for himself!
- Comedy 101, directed by Porter Aman: An instructor is dressed in a chicken suit and the students tell terrible jokes…meet colorful characters like Blueberry Bob and Terry Terry.
- The Ultimate Student Presidential Election, directed by Melissa Webb: When two students compete for the post of President, the results are hilarious!
Performances take place December 15 & 16 at 6.00 pm. For more information, visit: [EVENT IS CLOSED]